I ran across this idea on Pinterest,
about making mini-meatloaves in a cupcake or muffin tin.
I thought, A-HA!!
Perfect for my little eaters as well as for portion control!
So, I made them tonight.
I used my own recipe--which everyone is always asking for, so I thought I'd share it here.
::Meatloaf Ingredients::
1 green pepper-chopped
1 medium white onion-diced
1/3 cup ketchup
1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers-crushed
Garlic powder-
Black pepper
Splash of worshishire sauce
Ground beef or turkey
(I buy the large rolls of ground beef from Walmart or Kroger and use 1/3 of the roll to feed the 4 of us for this recipe)
1 large egg
Chop everything up
Add your spices, crackers, ketchup and one large egg.
Mix it all together with a fork
add your meat
Crumble and work all the other things into the meat
Preheat oven to 400-425---You know your oven. Mine needs a bit higher setting than others I've had.
Grab a bit of your meat mixture and pat it down into your tin
Fill the tin
pop in the oven until cooked through.
Took mine about 20-30 minutes.
When they are cooked through, pull them out and drain some of the grease off.
(I just tilted my pan over my sink and drained them off that way.)
Top your mini meatloaves off with a bit ketchup and pop them back in the oven for a few minutes (maybe 5) and let the ketchup set.
Pull them out and serve!!
They were super tasty!
I served them with homemade mashed potatoes and warm rolls
=)
If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


0 comments:
Post a Comment