Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Catch-up!

It has been a crazy past few weeks.
We've had so many doctor's appointments and little things we've been doing that I feel out of breath lately!
Thankfully, today has been a pretty slow day, and I have been able to just take it easy---
Until earlier this evening--
Another blog for another day :)

After the rush of birthdays, Valentine's and our house being plagued by sickness,
we needed some time out. 
We took the kids for a nice bike ride and walk on one of our recent pretty days. 
I've said it before but I'll say it again and again...
Lost River Cave and the whole area there is such a wonderful place. I'm so thankful to have it right here in our city.
We love their nature trails but we also love the paved walking/biking path there.
We don't live in an area where our kids can ride their bikes without traffic being an issue. 
There, we don't have that worry and I'm thankful for it!
So we have taken full advantage of the area since the kids got their bikes.
Both girls are doing really well when it comes to riding!

So proud of our girls!


Leland and I decided to take a little break this past weekend--just the two of us.
My parents knew we had been going through and dealing with a lot recently and offered to take the girls for the day--They wanted some special nana/papa time with them..And boy, do our girls LOOOOOVE that! LOL
Leland and I took the opportunity to head to a TN town where I have family for a bit of shopping & just to get away for a while. 
It was a great drive. 
(cell phone shot w/ HDR filter)

I thought that's all we were going to do but Leland decided we'd go on down to Nashville to just hang out for a while.
As close as we live to the area and as many times as I've been down there, there's still SO much I hadn't seen!
We went to Opry Mills mall and walked it, checked out all the cool stuff.
My favorite part--
The Aquarium resteraunt!
We didn't eat there---there was a massive wait line! LOL But we did enjoy checking out the fish and the store. We got the kids a few things from there and took some photos.



After our little trip we were wiped out so we took an easy family day on Sunday.
We went to have frozen yogurt at one of the cute little area fro-yo shops.
All of us loved it and we will definitely be going back...
A LOT!
lol

Annnd the last big thing going on this week has been my little project I've been wanting to do for a while.
Painting our kid's room.
We kept talking about it and putting it off..Over and over and over.
Finally, I just picked out a color, picked up the paint & wham-bam-thank ya ma'am...
The kids now have a pink room!
LOL
It's not done.
We have another coat to go on a couple of the walls then my dad is coming in to paint a mural for them..
THEN we'll be done.
But for now, this is where we stand! 
The kids love the new look and so do we!
(still need to do the cutting-in on the tops, bottoms, corners and around the windows & door frames as well.)

With all we've had going on and all the things we know are coming our way, 
I reallllllly can't wait for our vacation at the end of next month!!
It's been crazy recently..
But I really do love my beautiful, magic, sometimes dramatic--
LIFE!
♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com