Sunday, December 2, 2012

Catching up!

Whew! It's been a busy past few days!!
Today I finally have time to catch my breath and catch up on a few things!

First up!
We have been busy getting ready for Christmas around here!
That includes making our homemade, salt dough, ornaments!

Just as a reminder, this is the recipe we used for our salt dough
(I have seen many variations of this recipe though):

Salt Dough RECIPE
1/2 Cup salt
1/2 Cup water
1 Cup flour

Do your mixing, kneading and rolling.
Then have the little ones use their cookie cutters to cut out their shapes for their ornaments.

Place them on the cookie sheet, 
poke holes where you want your string
& bake at 200 for a couple of hours-
or until they are hard.

The next day or so is when you can paint them up
& string them to hang!
This was a fun craft that all of us got in on
=)

Our finished ornaments,
waiting to be strung!

Besides our Christmas prep,
my husband and I went to our oldest daughter's school to do a Native American presentation.
It went really well!
A lot better than I thought it would for sure! 
LOL


After all that was done and over with, we spent the evening downtown
at our city's light-up-downtown event.
We go every year and always really enjoy the music, the lights and the free hot chocolate!
We love going downtown during the winter months b/c the lights make it even more beautiful.
The "Square" as it's called,
is one of my favorite places here in town. 
Lots of great memories and good times there for me growing up.
I love that our girls love going down there for our walks as well,
all the pretty lights make it even better!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com