In case you hadn't noticed, I have been MIA from the blog for a few weeks!
Life happened! Haha!
We finished up T's Autism evaluation. It didn't go too badly! She didn't enjoy all of it, she wanted to do her thing & didn't like it when they didn't let her. lOl...She did well though! She picked up, very quickly on the sign they taught her. We brought that little lesson home and she continues to use it still!
It was so exciting to see how quickly she was able to learn from people she didn't know! Watching them interact with her gave me SO much hope!! I can't wait until she's in school and they are giving her the help she needs in speech. I can't wait to hear her little voice tell me she loves me!
Since her evaluation and getting some more tips from the people at the school, we have learned that we are already doing things that help her! I was so proud to hear that. In fact, some of what we are already doing is what the school will be doing with her! How cool?!! We just did these things b/c after lots of trial & error, we found what worked for T!
Now that the evaluation is out of the way, we have the meeting to go over what they "found", what they think her educational diagnosis will be & setting up her learning plan. What will help T learn best? I'm excited about this part b/c it's what we've been waiting for! I'm all about doing whatever we can to help T learn & grow!
So far, just from hubby & I working with her, she is counting to 10 and naming a few body parts. She's starting to repeat more and uses phrases that she had been repeating, independently! We're so proud of her!!
I will update on this subject once we have more answers after our meeting next week!
While I did have some time away from the blog, I didn't take time off from crafting or cooking! Haha!! I have several projects to share in other posts!
I've started beading again.I hadn't beaded really since the kids were born. (Almost 6 years!!)
If you didn't know, though I'm sure it's been mentioned at some point, we are a Native American family. My mom started teaching me how to bead when I was around 12 or so. I'm not the greatest at it--there are SO many people out there that do bead work that is SO beautiful, I am not one of them..lOl..Not yet. But I have started again and I am really enjoying learning new techniques, designs, etc. I'll definitely be sharing new things as I make them!
Other updates---
G lost her first tooth!
She's also turning 6 next week!!! Eeek!! 6??!!!! We are having her party this weekend. I've been busy making her party decorations which has been lots of fun! I'll share those once everything is put together :)
Since we have been having some really pretty days, we have spent lots of time outside! We got to spend some time at one of our favorite places. It was my husband and kid's first time out there and they loved it. We will be spending lots of time out here this Summer!
Now if only the weather would cooperate so we can get back out & enjoy a few pretty days!!
I hope all of you are doing well & look forward to getting back into blogging & connecting with all you fabulous readers!!
:)




2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear the evaluation(s) are going well for her! That's awesome!! :D
Thank you!!! I'm so glad that part is over!!
Post a Comment